Saturday, June 04, 2016

You Gotta Be Kidding Me!

At about 9 tonight I was watching TV and having trouble staying awake (yes, I realize how sad that is, especially considering it’s Saturday night) when the boys came storming in asking all sorts of questions about what I was watching (what is this? What’s it about? what’s happening? Who’s that? What’s he doing?) and wanting to play a game. I gave up on trying to watch the show and reluctantly agreed to a game. Roark wanted to play Life, but I immediately nixed that because it takes a lifetime to play, so he suggested Monopoly (seriously? that game never ends). We finally agreed on the game You Gotta Be Kidding Me, which is a quick fun game of “would you rather” questions. Well, it should be quick, unless the explanations of why someone picked one option over the other stretch to interminable lengths (which admittedly was probably only 30 seconds – I’m no paragon of patience). Here’s a few things I learned from the game:

 -Roark would rather have 100 black widows scramble out of his dresser when he opens the drawer than 10 large rats that run out and hide somewhere in his room

-Cole would rather be a vampire than a werewolf because he’d rather suck all the blood from his family members than tear them limb from limb (I suggested that it may not be necessary that he attack his family members at all)

-We would all rather spend one night sleeping outside on the pavement in the rain than seven nights in normal weather

I learned some other things that shall go unsaid. Now I really do need to go to sleep so that I can get up early and play tooth fairy (maybe that should’ve gone unsaid as well) since Roark lost a tooth earlier today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home