Saturday, June 03, 2006

Why I Never Post

Priorities, procrastination, sloth. All apply to some degree. My family consists of twin 1-year-old boys (happy b-day May 27), a 15-year-old stepdaughter who will be driving in less than three weeks, a 14-year-old stepdaughter who alternately brings us much happiness and annoyance, my Mom who's living with us and watches the boys while my wife and I work, my wife whom I love dearly, three dogs (1 tennis ball obsessed Lab, 1 "Great Dane/pit bull mix who practically pulls my arm out of socket on walks while trying to get bunnies real or imagined, and a tiny dog owned by my mom), and two cats who I'd be happy to give up if it wasn't for my stepdaughters loving them. Add a job in the mix, too.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I know there's plenty of people busier than I. But there it is. I could find time to write more, but I'm lazy. I'll play with the boys, talk to my wife, cook dinner, read, surf the net, walk the dogs, work in the yard (who am I kidding, anybody who's seen it knows I don't do that, but I could), or turn off my brain and watch tv. But I enjoy writing, and I keep telling myself I'll do it more.

But now I hear a baby waking up from his nap, so I gotta run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home